Jan. 21

8:55 p.m. – San Diego Padres

University of Maine Police Department (UMPD) officers responded to a resident assistant (RA) complaint of underage drinking at Cumberland Hall. Upon arrival, a student answered the door. The officer saw beer and marijuana in plain sight. On entering the room, the officer saw two non-students, along with a bottle of Captain Morgan’s rum. Paul Kousky, a member of the United States Air Force, stationed in San Diego, was summonsed for sale and use of drug paraphernalia. Kousky and the other non-student were given trespassing warnings.

Jan. 22

11:13 p.m. – Polite party posse

UMPD officers responded to an RA report of underage drinking in Gannett Hall. Officers found seven subjects in the room, one being first-year student Courtney Daly. All seven were underage and handed over two bottles of vodka. Despite being “highly cooperative,” Daly was summonsed for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor (IPAM). Logan Goewey, of North Sandwich, N.H., Kevin Smith, of Scarborough, Maine, William Schad, of North Yarmouth, Maine, Jordan Ward, of Gorham, Maine, Jacob Larsen, of Dixfield, Maine and Nicholas Pellechia, of Cape Elizabeth, Maine were also summonsed for IPAM.

Jan. 23

12:07 a.m. – House of wax

A Penobscot Hall RA reported the smell of marijuana to UMPD. When the officers arrived, they contacted first-year student Maxwell Carr. Carr admitted to smoking marijuana and relinquished a pipe with residue from a wax dab, as well as a butane torch. Carr was summonsed for possession of drug paraphernalia and referred to Judicial Affairs.

Jan. 25

4:44 p.m. – Money laundering

UMPD responded to a reported theft at Knox Hall. A student said that someone stole their MaineCard and used it to make purchases at Hilltop Market and in the Knox Hall laundry room. Cameras at each setting produced supporting evidence. Officers made contact with Amy Bernier, who was seen on surveillance video, who admitted to the theft. Bernier was summonsed for theft.

Jan. 26

11:37 p.m. – No flex zone

UMPD responded to an RA report of an odor of marijuana at Somerset hall. Officers made contact with first-year student Shawn Montella, one of the room’s residents. He admitted to smoking marijuana, and turned over a Nalgene water bottle with marijuana in it and a pipe. Montella was summonsed for possession of drug paraphernalia.