Are you interested in journalism or maybe just about how the industry operates? Maybe you’re interested in writing an Opinion piece or a letter to the editor? The Maine Campus is looking for your voice and your experience! Learn more about employment opportunities or letters to the editor below.
All majors encouraged to apply. Work-study positions available. Additionally, all positions are paid.
Graphic Design Artist/Illustrator
Do you want to work for The Maine Campus, the University of Maine’s student newspaper since 1875? Do you have an interest in graphic design? Are you passionate about the public discourse in the UMaine community, and do you want to encourage community involvement in essential student issues? Illustrations and graphic design can act to convey these messages. If you are interested, apply to be our graphic design artist and illustrator!
- Independently draw/design several illustrations related to published news, culture, sports, or opinion articles
- Pitch and illustrate weekly comics
- Meet weekly deadlines set by the Editor-in-Chief
- Studio Art, New Media, Journalism, and Communication majors preferred, but all are welcome to apply!
- Extensive experience with graphic design
- Ability to draw quickly if needed and generate compelling illustrations
- Experience using Google Drive and Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not required
Send your portfolio and resume to Caty DuDevoir: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Questions about the hiring process?
Please reach out to Caty DuDevoir at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opinions & Letters to the Editor
See our submit tab for more details!